Lender Checklist: What You Need for a Mortgage
When you are applying for a home loan your lender will require several items from you. When getting ready to buy a home be prepared and have the items from the list below ready for submission. Having these items readily available to your lender will speed up the amount of time to process your loan and lessen the amount of contact needed.
- W-2 forms (or business tax return forms if you’re self-employed) for the last two or three years for every person signing the loan.
- Copies of at least one pay stub for each person signing the loan.
- Account numbers of all your credit cards and the amounts for any outstanding balances.
- Copies of two to four months of bank or credit union statements for both checking and savings accounts.
- Lender, loan number, and amount owed on other installment loans, such as student loans and car loans.
- Addresses where you have lived for the last five to seven years, with names of landlords if appropriate.
- Copies of brokerage account statements for two to four months, as well as a list of any other major assets of value, such as a boat, RV, or stocks or bonds not held in a brokerage account.
- Copies of your most recent 401(k) or other retirement account statement.
- Documentation to verify additional income such as child support or a pension.
- Copies of personal tax forms for the last two to three years.
More Home Buying Tips
If you planning to buy real estate in the Lake Norman area, make sure you’re ready. Several steps to getting your finances in order, checking on your credit score, learn ways to improve your credit, follow a lender checklist and explore real home ownership costs.
Buyer Tip Videos
Visit my YouTube Channel’s “Home Buying Tips” playlists. There are many helpful home buying videos to watch.
- Lake Norman Information
- Towns on Lake Norman
- Lake Norman Counties
- Waterfront Property Listings
- Boating on the Lake
- Lake Fishing
- Lake Norman Access
- Marinas on the Lake
- Lake Norman Boat Clubs
MLS Listings by Town
Search other real estate listings
News in Real Estate
Area Useful Links
You’ll find family fun; attractions & entertainment, cultural guide, event information, parks & recreation and clubs & organizations. For the latest on local sports from professional to t-ball visit the sports information and golf guide. For those of you that think shopping is a sport, visit the shopping guide. Because you care about your family find medical information and school information.
For additional business information you’ll want to look at NC information and political information. As a result, you can keep up with all the local events whether it’s for fun, business, local or national news on the media guide page.
Robin is a licensed as NC real estate agent. Robin works in the Lake Norman real estate market towns of Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville, Denver NC, Davidson and Charlotte NC. She will educate you and ensure you are taking advantage of the best market opportunities. Robin will also help you set realistic expectations. Furthermore, she will walk with you through the entire process. Home buyers can trust Robin to help them find a property of their dreams. Home sellers will receive unparalleled exposure to their listings. She will assist her clients in negotiating the best possible price. She will also do her part in keeping your transaction running smoothly! Ask her any general question about real estate in NC and around Lake Norman.
Thank You for Visiting Lender Checklist
The Lender checklist has the required items your lender will need to have ready when you apply for a mortgage to buy a home on the lake. Matching homes with lifestyles is the basis for Robin’s real estate business. Most of all, contact Robin if you have any general questions.