Improve Your Credit Score?
Before you buy real estate improve your credit score. There are ways; the key to getting ready to buy a home is to start well before you tour that first home.
Credit scores, along with your overall income and debt, are big factors in determining whether you’ll qualify for a loan and what your loan terms will be. So, keep your credit score high by doing the following:
- Check for and correct any errors in your credit report. Mistakes happen, and you could be paying for someone else’s poor financial management.
- Pay down credit card bills. If possible, pay off the entire balance every month. Transferring credit card debt from one card to another could lower your score.
- Don’t charge your credit cards to the maximum limit.
- Wait 12 months after credit difficulties to apply for a mortgage. You’re penalized less for problems after a year.
- Don’t order items for your new home on credit such as appliances and furniture until after the loan is approved. The amounts will add to your debt.
- Don’t open new credit card accounts before applying for a mortgage. Too much available credit can lower your score.
- Don’t buy a new car!
- Shop for mortgage rates all at once. Too many credit applications can lower your score, but multiple inquiries from the same type of lender are counted as one inquiry if submitted over a short period of time.
- Avoid finance companies. Even if you pay the loan on time, the interest is high and it will probably be considered a sign of poor credit management
More Home Buying Tips
If you planning to buy real estate in the Lake Norman area, make sure you’re ready. Several steps to getting your finances in order, checking on your credit score, learn ways to improve your credit, follow a lender checklist and explore real home ownership costs.
Buyer Tip Videos
Visit my YouTube Channel’s “Home Buying Tips” playlists. There are many helpful home buying videos to watch.
Lake Norman Living
- Lake Norman Information
- Towns on Lake Norman
- Lake Norman Counties
- Waterfront Property Listings
- Boating on the Lake
- Lake Fishing
- Lake Norman Access
- Marinas on the Lake
- Lake Norman Boat Clubs
Lake Norman Towns
MLS Listings by Town
Search other real estate listings
News in Real Estate
Lake Norman Area Useful Links
You’ll find family fun; attractions & entertainment, cultural guide, event information, parks & recreation and clubs & organizations. For the latest on local sports from professional to t-ball visit the sports information and golf guide. For those of you that think shopping is a sport, visit the shopping guide. Because you care about your family find medical information and school information.
For additional business information you’ll want to look at NC information and political information. As a result, you can keep up with all the local events whether it’s for fun, business, local or national news on the media guide page.
Robin is a licensed as NC real estate agent. Robin works in the Lake Norman real estate market towns of Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville, Denver NC, Davidson and Charlotte NC. She will educate you and ensure you are taking advantage of the best market opportunities. Robin will also help you set realistic expectations. Furthermore, she will walk with you through the entire process. Home buyers can trust Robin to help them find a property of their dreams. Home sellers will receive unparalleled exposure to their listings. She will assist her clients in negotiating the best possible price. She will also do her part in keeping your transaction running smoothly! Ask her any general question about real estate in NC and around Lake Norman.
Thank You for Visiting Improve Your Credit Score
Knowing how to improve your credit score is essential before you start the home buying process. Matching homes with lifestyles is the basis for Robin’s real estate business. Most of all, contact Robin if you have any general questions.