Real Estate Services for Home Buying
Do you understand what real estate services should you receive? Remember, you have a choice in the real estate agent you select; not just the property you buy. Additionally, find a Realtor to assist you in buying a home and know the real estate services you will receive.
A Realtor will provide basic services such as identifying properties for sale. In addition, they will help with completing the contracts (at your discretion). Finally, they can assist in locating lenders, inspectors and closing attorneys.
North Carolina sets the rules regarding how a customer or client relationship is established. Each Realtor has some latitude in defining what services are (or are not) included. As a result, you’ll want to consider the following levels of real estate services:
Home Buyer Services
- Set buyer appointments
- Provide a Buyer Representation packet
- Explain agency and buyer representation
- Complete the buyer agency agreement
- Analyze the buyers needs and goals
- Assist Buyer with obtaining loan pre-qualification or pre-approval
- Provide housing & community information
- Coordinate an area tour
- Establish a home search plan & timetable
- Research the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Preview properties
- Home tour of properties
- Help the buyers evaluate and compare homes
- Arrange for house-hunting visits
- Provide pricing & market research
- Write up and present the offer
- Negotiate the contract
- Provide an estimate of closing costs.
- Assist in the selection of service providers
- Initiate the closing/title process
- Educate the buyer about the process
- Advise about home warranty coverage
- Establish communication with all parties
- Advise parties on timetable to closing
- Coordinate loan application process
- Coordinate inspections
- Advise on repairs
- Assist with appraisals
- Coordinate the closing process
- Provide information for moving & relocating
- Schedule the closing
- Review the closing paperwork
- Attend the closing
- Insure for all filings and notifications
- Assist with occupancy or relocation
- Provide post-closing information & service
- Obtain testimonials & referrals
More Home Buying Tips
If you’re planning to buy real estate in the lake area, make sure you learn about working with real estate agents; they can represent a home seller and home buyer separately or sometimes they represent both. How should you be represented? Know what real estate services your Realtor will provide you with before signing a Buyers’ Agent Agreement.
Buyer Tip Videos
Visit my YouTube Channel’s “Home Buying Tips” playlists. There are many helpful home buying videos to watch.
- Lake Norman Information
- Towns on Lake Norman
- Lake Norman Counties
- Waterfront Property Listings
- Boating on the Lake
- Lake Fishing
- Lake Norman Access
- Marinas on the Lake
- Lake Norman Boat Clubs
MLS Listings by Town
Search other real estate listings
News in Real Estate
Area Useful Links
You’ll find family fun; attractions & entertainment, cultural guide, event information, parks & recreation and clubs & organizations. For the latest on local sports from professional to t-ball visit the sports information and golf guide. For those of you that think shopping is a sport, visit the shopping guide. Because you care about your family find medical information and school information.
For additional business information you’ll want to look at NC information and political information. As a result, you can keep up with all the local events whether it’s for fun, business, local or national news on the media guide page.
Robin is a licensed as NC real estate agent. Robin works in the Lake Norman real estate market towns of Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville, Denver NC, Davidson and Charlotte NC. She will educate you and ensure you are taking advantage of the best market opportunities. Robin will also help you set realistic expectations. Furthermore, she will walk with you through the entire process. Home buyers can trust Robin to help them find a property of their dreams. Home sellers will receive unparalleled exposure to their listings. She will assist her clients in negotiating the best possible price. She will also do her part in keeping your transaction running smoothly! Ask her any general question about real estate in NC and around Lake Norman.
Thank You for Visiting Lake Norman Real Estate Services
Understand what real estate services you will receive from the Realtor you select before you sign a listing agreement. Your choice is not just the property you buy! Lake Norman home buying offers something for every lifestyle. Matching homes with lifestyles is the basis for Robin’s real estate business. Most of all, contact Robin if you have any general questions.