Final Walk-Through, What Not to Overlook
Final walk-through. You and your REALTOR should always make time for even though it’s guaranteed to be hectic right before closing.
Your goal is to make sure that the property you are purchasing is in the same condition you expected it would be. Ideally, the sellers already have moved out. This is your last chance to check that appliances are in working condition and that agreed-upon repairs have been made. Here’s a detailed list of what not to overlook for on your final walk-through.
During a final walk-through make sure that:
- Repairs have been made that you requested. Obtain copies of paid bills and warranties.
- There are no major changes to the property since you last viewed it.
- All items that were included in the sale price like draperies, lighting fixtures, etc. are still there.
- Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
- All appliances are operating, such as the dishwasher, washer and dryer, oven, etc.
- Intercom, doorbell, and alarm are operational.
- Hot water heater is working.
- No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard. Only plants that were potted.
- Heating and air conditioning system is working
- Garage door opener and other remotes are available.
- Instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are available.
- All personal items of the sellers and all debris have been removed. Check the basement, attic, and every room, closet, and crawlspace.
A final walk-through is done the day of closing. Leave enough time for the closing to take place and the deed to be recorded. A real estate attorney performs the closings in North Carolina. Keep in mind, they don’t record deeds after 3:00 p.m.
Buyer Tip Videos
More Home Buying Tips
Planning to buy real estate in the lake area? Understand the steps involved in real estate contract negotiation. Learn what a Home Inspection should cover and what a Home Warranty covers. Find out what the goal of a final walk-through is and what Buyer closing costs are and about the HUD-1.
Buyer Tip Videos
Visit my YouTube Channel’s “Home Buying Tips” playlists. There are many helpful home buying videos to watch.
- Lake Norman Information
- Towns on Lake Norman
- Lake Norman Counties
- Waterfront Property Listings
- Boating on the Lake
- Lake Fishing
- Lake Norman Access
- Marinas on the Lake
- Lake Norman Boat Clubs
MLS Listings by Town
Search other real estate listings
News in Real Estate
Area Useful Links
You’ll find family fun; attractions & entertainment, cultural guide, event information, parks & recreation and clubs & organizations. For the latest on local sports from professional to t-ball visit the sports information and golf guide. For those of you that think shopping is a sport, visit the shopping guide. Because you care about your family find medical information and school information.
For additional business information you’ll want to look at NC information and political information. As a result, you can keep up with all the local events whether it’s for fun, business, local or national news on the media guide page.
Robin is a licensed as NC real estate agent. Robin works in the lake real estate market towns of Cornelius, Huntersville, Mooresville, Denver NC, Davidson and Charlotte NC. She will educate you and ensure you are taking advantage of the best market opportunities. Robin will also help you set realistic expectations. Furthermore, she will walk with you through the entire process. Home buyers can trust Robin to help them find a property of their dreams. Home sellers will receive unparalleled exposure to their listings. She will assist her clients in negotiating the best possible price. She will also do her part in keeping your transaction running smoothly! Ask her any general question about real estate in NC and around Lake Norman.
Thank You for Visiting Final Walk-Through
Lake Norman home buying offers something for every lifestyle. Matching homes with lifestyles is the basis for Robin’s real estate business. Most of all, contact Robin if you have any general questions.